Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering is a 3-year professional course.
Electrical & Electronics Engineering is the specialization of engineering that involves the application of:
Major subtopics covered in the discipline include:
- Control Frameworks
- Signal Processing
- Broadcast communications.
Minimum eligibility for admission to the course is the successful completion of class X, or equivalent level of education with a minimum aggregate score of 40% with Science and Mathematics, and English as 3 of the main subjects.
The course can also be pursued after successful completion of the 10+2 level of education in the Science stream from a recognized educational Board.
Such professionals are hired in capacities such as:
- Assistant Engineer
- Technical Assistant
- Project Assistant
- Civil Artist/ Editor/ Research Assistant
- Assistant Manager CHP
- Design Assistant
- Control and Instrumentation Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Broadcast Engineer
- Manufacturing Systems Engineer
- Systems Analyst
- Electronics Engineer
- IT Consultant
- Systems Developer
- Network Engineer, etc.
Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering: Course Highlights
|Examination Type||Semester System/ Year wise|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 50% marks in aggregate with Science subjects|
|Admission Process||Based on the performance in the entrance exam|
Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering: What is it About?
The discipline involves an advanced study of the engineering-related applications of electricity. This stream covers subjects of study such as:
generation and transmission of electricity.
- electrical system and gadgets.
- design, development and maintenance of such devices, power plants, and systems.
- design of electronic devices, components and circuits.
- principles and concepts of Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- principles of design and manufacturing of electronic circuits, components and devices.
Ideal candidates for the course would possess:
- complex problem-solving skills.
- ability to identifying complex issues.
- ability to checking on related data to create and assess alternatives and execute solutions.
- common knowledge of equipment maintenance.
- ability to perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- aptitude for determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- strong decision-making skills.
- excellent communication skills.
- ability to prioritize and plan work effectively.
- ability to manage a budget.
The course has been designed to impart to eligible candidates:
- adequate knowledge and skills in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
- skills in research activities.
- an advanced understanding of new, vital, current, and even futuristic technologies.
Eligibility for Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Listed below are the minimum criteria that candidates interested in pursuing the course are required to fulfill, in order to be eligible to apply for the course.
- Successful qualification of class X, with a minimum aggregate score of 55%.
- Successful qualification of class XII with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as main subjects, and a minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates).
Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering: Syllabus and Course Description
A semester-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated here.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Applied Science||Applied Mathematics II|
|Applied Mathematics I||English Communication|
|Mechanical Engineering Sciences||Electrical Circuits|
|Elements of Electrical Engineering||Electronics I|
|Applied Science lab||Computer Aided Engineering Drawing|
|Basic Computer Skills Lab||Electrical Circuit Laboratory|
|Electrical Wiring Lab||Electronics I Lab|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Electrical Machines I||Electrical Machines II|
|Communication and Computer networks||Electrical Power Generation|
|Electrical & Electronics Measurements||Transmission and Distribution|
|Electronics II||Power Electronics|
|Electrical measurements Lab||Electrical Machines Lab|
|Electronics Lab II||Power Electronics Lab|
|Computer Aided Electrical Drawing||C-Programming Lab|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Estimation & specification||Industrial drives & control|
|Switchgear & protection||Utilization of electrical energy & management|
|Embedded system( elective)||Basic management skills and Indian constitution|
|Electrical work shop||Electric motor control lab|
|Embedded system lab||PLC & HDL lab|
|Electrical installation design lab||Project Work Phase II|
|Project work Phase I||-|
Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering: Career Prospects
Electrical & Electronics Engineering is one of the core branches of engineering.
Most manufacturing and production industries make use of electricity and electrical machines. Qualified Electrical Engineers are required by such organizations to deal with assignments such as:
- power transmission
- power auditing
- power usage
- machine checking
- machine support, and so forth.
Electrical & Electronics Engineers are responsible for:
- designing, developing, and maintaining the electrical, electronics, and computer control system to the required specifications.
- focusing on the economy, reliability, safety, sustainability, and quality.
Popular areas of employment for such professionals include:
- Transportation network
- Telecommunication industries
- IT companies
- Airplane & airspace manufacturing organizations
- Production and the distribution of power
- Electronic product development
- Control System
- System Management
- Product design and sales
- Consumer’s electronics
- Wireless Communication
- Defense and space research organizations.