Computer Science & Engineering
Computer Science & Engineering
Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering is a 3-year long professional course in engineering. The course can also be pursued after successful completion of the 10+2 level of education in the Science stream from a recognized educational board with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks. Also, 10+2 or ITI-qualified students can avail admission to the course’s second year.
Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering: Course Highlights
Listed below are some of the major highlights of the course.
|Examination Type||Semester System/ Year-wise|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 50% marks in aggregate with Science subjects|
|Admission Process||Based on the performance in the entrance exam|
he course includes computer science subjects such as Programming, Data structures, Digital logic, Theoretical computer science, Algorithms, Computer networks, Operating systems, Web technologies, and Databases and Computer Architecture.
Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering: Who should opt?
Ideal candidates for the course would possess the ability to:
- apply Mathematics, Science, and Computer Science and Engineering to real-world problems.
- apply principles of Computer Science and Mathematics to computer science-related problems.
- gain a generalized perspective to view the organization in a holistic manner, and place it in the context of the larger environment.
- grasp technical and functional business skills relevant to the discipline.
Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering: Eligibility
Listed below are the minimum criteria that candidates interested in pursuing the course are required to fulfill, in order to be eligible to apply for the course.
- Successful qualification of class X, with Science, Math, and English as 3 of the main subjects, and with a minimum aggregate score of 55%, and an ITI- qualification.
- Successful qualification of class XII with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as 3 of the main subjects, and a minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates)
Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering: Syllabus and Course Description
A semester-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated here.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Communication Skills-I||Communication Skills-II|
|Value and Ethics in Technical Education||Engineering Drawing|
|Engineering Mathematics-I||Engineering Mathematics-I I|
|Applied Physics||Fundamentals of Electrical & Electronics|
|Applied Chemistry||Computer Center Management|
|Computer Fundamentals & Applications||Programming in C|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Engineering Economics||Marketing Management|
|Electronics Workshop||Computer Architecture|
|Data Structure||Database Management System|
|Operating System||Linux O.S.|
|Network Essentials||Multimedia Technology & Application|
|Object-Oriented Programming in C++||Programming in Visual Basic|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Software Engineering||Entrepreneurship Development|
|MP & Programming||Project|
|Client-Server Applications||Networking Technology|
|System Software||Computer Networks|
|Web Page Design||Network Installation & Management|
|-||Wireless and Mobile communication|
|-||Industrial Training of 6-week duration|
Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering: Career Prospects
Qualified Computer Science Engineers are gainfully employed across sectors such as
- Embedded Systems
- Database management
- Computer Hardware & Software Implementation
- Computer Hardware & Software Maintenance,
- Software Design
- System Testing
- Graphics Animation
- Robotics and Artificial Intelligence
- Software Engineering
- Web Designing.
Computer Science Engineers are responsible for:
- making effective use of modern engineering tools.
- handling software equipment.
- designing gainful techniques for engineering practices.
- managing relevant projects.
- working with a variety of technical and software applications.
- maintaining and developing computer software systems.
Such Computer Engineers are hired across IT organizations for job roles such as:
- Software design development.
- Manufacturing, assembling, maintaining software systems.
- Web development.
- Web programming.
- E-commerce specialization.
- Telecommunication, Aerospace maintenance.
- PC production.
- PC networking.
- PC equipment system design and development.